LSBF visits France and India for events with leading international experts
- 21st May 2012
- News About LSBF
What is the importance of acquiring global business skills to achieve success in today’s marketplace? How important is to diversify and to specialise in fast-growing industries? These are some of the questions which LSBF, in partnership with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and global corporate partners, aims to answer with two global seminars that will be happening simultaneously this week in the cities of Paris (France) and New Delhi (India).
Developed to provide inspirational insights from industry experts and networking opportunities for students, alumni and young professionals, the seminars are part of a series of international events which LSBF has been hosting since the beginning of the year. Countries visited by LSBF in previous editions include Greece, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Brazil and Germany.
The event in Paris will take place on the 23rd May at the Terrass Kardinal, in the centre of the French capital. Due to the growing demand for global skills in the job market, both young professionals in France and global employers look not only for quality education but the relevant skills needed to develop business and management. The event will focus on the global skills required in the competitive 21st century job market and is aimed at empowering the next generation of business leaders to take their careers to the next level.
Guest speakers include:
- Yazid Chir, Vice President for Prospective Cloud at Orange Business Services. He’s also the founder of Nos Quartiers Ont Des Talents, an association which promotes skills and work for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds which may hinder their chances of succeeding in the professional market.
- Sebastien Matykowski, co-founder of Medef Paris, the most active component of France’s first professional network with more than 1,000 executives and 30 federations and trade unions.
In India, LSBF and UKTI have organised a seminar which will focus on Sports Management, a fast growing industry worldwide. The event will take place in New Delhi on the 22nd May, when the British High Commissioner will be welcoming the LSBF community into his residence. LSBF students and alumni will have the opportunity to learn about the management skills required in the sports industry and get the chance to network with sport leaders of the country.
Guest speakers include:
- Mr. Mohit Taneja, Brand Manager at Adidas India;
- Anil Bhavnani, Director of BPO at Pfizer India;
- Rathindra Basu, Senior Director of Corporate Development, Corporate Communications and Event Management at ESPN
- Prashant Singh, Deputy General Manager at Reebok India;
- Sunando Dhar, Senior Official of the All India Football Federation (AIFF);
- Sharma Amol, Indian correspondent for the The Wall Street Journal.
Speakers will be discussing subjects such as the influence of sport in emerging economies, psychology of sport in business, sport leadership for managers and the skill necessary for sport management.