Postgraduate Course Structure and Assessment
Course assessment strategy
Each module on our Online Global MBA, Online Dual MSc and MA Strategic Marketing and Online MA Finance and Investment courses includes a set of clear learning outcomes. These are your stepping stones to career success, and form part of a wider course assessment strategy.
The assessment strategy ensures you have gained the relevant knowledge and skills at each stage of your programme. The competencies you acquire are related to both professional contexts, and local and international perspectives.
The assessment strategy has been designed around authentic contemporary case studies. They will test your research and communication skills, as well as your understanding of central theoretical concepts and core competencies. These include:
- Identifying the central issue(s) of the case
- Presenting a critical overview of the tools, models and methods that will be used to help deal with the issue(s)
- Evaluating and presenting the facts of the case
- Determining any necessary assumptions along with a justification for making the assumptions
- Presenting a critical analysis and synthesis of the facts of the case, including the use of the models and tools identified above as applicable
- Presenting conclusions and recommendations that are realistic and add to the research question