ACCA Exam Tips
With your exams just around the corner, we've put together some top ACCA Exam tips to ensure the work you've put in throughout your course really pays off in the exam hall.
Our tutors and students have identified the areas they think are key to focus on as well as other tips to help you prepare.
- Start studying well before the exam date, don’t leave it for the last minute
- Take a revision course so you feel fully prepared on the day
- Make sure you are familiar with the exam structure, syllabus, regulations, etc
- Plan your preparation—set achievable targets for each day
- Make sure you understand the key points, concepts, models
- Look at the questions from the previous year
- Pay an extra attention to the recommended topics
- Review the ACCA Examiner Reports and Examiner Analysis Interviews on the ACCA website
- Ask for help if you’re struggling
- Visit the exam centre so you know how to get there and leave yourself plenty of time on the day
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before
- Don’t panic!
- Take time to read through all questions (15 min)
- Divide exam time equally between all answers, let’s say 30 minutes. After a half hour start answering next question. It’s better to come back and add something in the end of the exam, rather than waste 1 hour answering 1 question and don’t have any time left to answer the rest of them
- Make sure you understand the question, its requirements and what examiner is asking for before answering
- Start from the questions you know and are confident about first
- Try to answer all questions. If you don’t have time left to answer the question properly, write down the key points, so the examiner sees that you have an understanding of this topic. It might help to earn an extra mark
- Don’t spend too much time on the introduction, it could waste time. Instead, get straight to the point and make it clear for the examiner
- Focus on the main points, when answering the questions. Don’t repeat the same thing many times and don’t waste your time filling in the pages with unnecessary information. Pay attention to the quality of your answers, not quantity.
- Make sure your answer is related to the question
- Plan your answer. Spend one minute on planning your answer, write a short plan of your answer (1,2,3) and follow it. Keep it simple, but organized and structured.
- Don’t spend too much time on the details
- Leave space after each answer in case you have some time in the end of exam and want to add something
- Review your answer for mistakes, if you have time, and try to improve your answers
- If you have another exam, get some rest and prepare for the next one
- Relax! The exam is over. What you do next is up to you
You can top up your ACCA qualification with an MBA or MA* with us. You'll get the advanced leadership and analytical skills that can take you to advanced leadership positions.
Let our outstanding teaching and resources release your true potential, and get the perfect blend of knowledge and practical skills you need.
For information on our upcoming intakes, contact one of our advisors by filling in the form or call us on +44 (0) 207 823 2303