|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|Duration:||Four days, 28 hours|
|Intake Dates:||February, May and September|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||Click here for prices|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
APPLY NOW AND GET 15% OFF SELECTED EXECUTIVE EDUCATION PROGRAMMES. OUR EARLY BIRD OFFER IS AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY 20TH MAY 2019 TO SUNDAY 30TH JUNE 2019. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.
Short Course on AI, AR, VR, IoT and Similar Technologies
Have you heard of terms like artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, augmented reality, virtual reality, cloud computing, nanotechnology and Blockchain? These are some of the advanced technologies that are gaining considerable traction right now.
In fact, modern organisations are striving to incorporate these emerging technologies, since they provide opportunities for businesses to differentiate themselves in highly competitive markets by designing unique and immersive experiences for consumers.
This course will provide you with an overview of the latest technologies that impact marketing and how they can be integrated within an organisation’s strategic marketing plans. Some of these emerging technologies include:
- Artificial intelligence (AI): Artificial intelligence has been gaining increasing popularity over the last few years. In fact, AI has the capability to generate investment returns of billions of dollars in the retail sector, increase potential revenue in transport and logistics by 89% and improve incremental value in the banking sector by 50%. AI voice assistants is one of the most common examples of artificial intelligence being used in everyday life, including Google Assistant, Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana.
- Augmented reality (AR): Augmented reality is a reality-based display environment that utilises sounds, texts, effects and display that are generated by computers to enhance users’ real-world experience. The worldwide phenomenon of Pokémon Go is one of the most commonly known examples of AR; however, augmented reality can be used in various other ways. In the marketing industry, for example, marketers can create AR-based brochures, storefronts and posters.
- Virtual reality (VR): Virtual reality allows people to experience virtual environments as if they actually exist. The most popular uses of virtual reality are in gaming and entertainment, however, it is also gaining popularity in fields such as retail, healthcare, education and tourism. The combination of AR and VR is known as mixed reality.
- Internet of Things (IoT): IoT represents the constantly growing network of physical objects that have an IP address for internet connectivity. According to research conducted by Gartner, the Internet of Things can generate revenues exceeding $300 billion in 2020. Some examples of IoT applications are driverless cars, wearables like Apple Watch and smart appliances like Philips Hue.
- Blockchain: Blockchain technology has become famous for its use case in digital currencies such as Bitcoin. Blockchain is a dispersed and digitalised spreadsheet that monitors assets and registers transactions in a business network. Nowadays, blockchain is being applied in industries like healthcare, retail and financial services.
- Cloud computing: Cloud computing refers to incorporating and using computer services such as storage, servers, networking and databases over the internet. Due to its cheaper costs, flexibility and security, cloud computing is being used by most organisations in various industries.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the business applications of emerging technologies, including virtual reality, augmented reality, blockchain technology, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things and cloud computing
- Identify current trends in technology and assess the impact of emerging technologies in business
- Evaluate strategies that utilise emerging technologies
- Understand the impact of immersive experiences on the customer journey
- Assess opportunities for implementing emerging technologies in digital marketing strategies
- Understand how emerging technologies can be used in various industries on a global level
- Develop a plan for implementation of new technologies in business environments
- Analyse the implications of privacy and security and its impact on society
Taking this course will elevate your career by allowing you to understand the latest technologies and how you can take advantage of them to attract customers and boost your business.
This field is booming and the more tech there is, the more jobs will be needed to support this. Some of the newest job titles are: Virtual Reality (VR) Developer, Internet of Things Engineer, Cyber Security Engineer, Augmented Reality Developer and more.
**This course is planned to run throghout the year. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.