AAT SYLLABUS AND PAPERS
The AAT syllabus consists of 17 papers and examinations in total, spread across 3 AAT levels. Through each qualification you’ll learn practical skills to prepare you for the workplace, from basic finance administration skills to preparing final accounts and complex management accounting tasks.
- All assessments are computer based and sat at an AAT approved exam venue.
- Each exam is allocated a percentage mark.
- On completion of the whole level, an overall grade is awarded:
- Pass - 70-79%
- Merit - 80-89%
- Distinction - 90-100%
- Exam dates: Assessments at all levels are on demand and not at set times of the year for all unit assessments.
- Synoptic assessments for level 2 can be taken almost weekly. You will need to check the AAT timetable for this on the website.
- Synoptic assessments for level 3 and level 4 are timetabled at set times of the year. You will need to consult the AAT timetable for this on the website.
- Percentage marks for level 2 and level 3 unit assessments are available immediately on completion of the assessment.
- Percentage marks for all synoptic assessments and all level 4-unit assessments are normally 6 weeks.
- Most students start at level 2 and progress to level 3 and then level 4. It is possible to enter directly at level 3, depending on prior qualifications and experience.
- In exceptional circumstances students can enter directly onto level 4.
Our programme advisors provide one-to-one advice on all weekdays from 9am until 6pm. Simply pay us a visit, call us on 0207 823 2303 or leave your details in the form on the right and we will contact you.
Benefits of studying with LSBF
- Professionally produced HD video lectures which you can stream from your PC, phone or tablet, on-the-go. Get as much as help as you need from our award-winning tutors.
- All your lecture notes are published in PDF e-books, so you can review the content at your own leisure
- Access to LSBF TV which is a detailed video breakdown of a mock AAT assessment produced by our tutors
- All your session content is summarised with high-quality graphics meaning you can always recap what you’ve learned
- Full tutor support at the touch of a button with response times of no more than 48 hours
- Tutor marked practice assessment will enable you to sit your exam with confidence
- Career opportunities and advice
- Job opportunities/CV writing
- Xero Advisor Certification short course
Want to speak to a Programme Advisor?
Complete the form at the top of this page or call us on 0207 823 2303 to discover how our online AAT courses can deliver exam success.
*Please see full Terms and Conditions for more information.
Q: When can I start?
A: The programme is totally flexible; you can start at any time. Ring one of our sales advisors on 020 3005 6336 for a personal consultation.
Q: How much does it cost and are there flexible payment plans?
A: You can pay in a variety of ways. Either pay for the whole course upfront (which is the cheapest option), for individual units, or with a flexible payment plan (which will help you to spread the cost of the programme). Our sales advisors will have a list of the up-to-date offers. Contact: 020 3005 6336
Q: Are there any additional costs?
A: Yes, you will need to register as a student with the AAT and pay for the exam sittings. These will include an administration charge in addition to the exam fee.
Q: Who are the tutors?
A: All our tutors are qualified accountants with a mass of experience in the industry and education. We have award-winning tutors.
Q: What sort of job can I expect to obtain after the advanced level?
A: Accounts supervisor, taxation specialist, audit senior, self-employment.
Q: Where can I sit my exams?
A: The AAT offer a postcode service so you can find an exam venue near to your place of residence.
Q: What will l get on completion?
A: The level 4 is the final level of the AAT qualification. Students are then able to put the designated letters, MAAT, after their name (check conditions).
Q: What are the entry requirements?
A: You will need to be successful at level 3. There may be the possibility of direct entry with a relevant degree. Contact our course manager if you think this is the case.
Q: Can I sit my exams any time?
A: Yes, apart from the synoptic assessment. Please consult the AAT website for the most up-to-date timetable of the synoptic windows.
Q: When do I get my exam results?
A: Feedback for all exams on the professional diploma is six weeks as there are elements that are human marked.
Q: Can I progress on completion of the AAT qualification?
A: Yes. Many students go on to study, ACA, CIMA or ACCA. Check websites for exemptions that may apply to AAT students.
Lydia Jagger AAT level 2 student 8/3/2019
“For level 2 AAT, I thought the LSBF recordings were excellent. In particular, the recordings for both financial accounting modules (Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls) really helped me to understand the concepts of double-entry bookkeeping.”
General Comments regarding content and AAT course team: LSBF TV
- “Explains it so well and for free!”
- “Thank you, very helpful!”
- “Wow this is great and it’s free...Thank you - you've explained this so well!”
- “Thanks sir; you are the best.”
- “Thanks a lot for the help; it’s much appreciated.”
- “Thank you; that was really interesting.”
- “I am really enjoying it, thanks.”
- “Great content!”