AAT Level 3 Advance Certificate in Bookkeeping
The advanced qualification in bookkeeping enables students wanting to pursue a career in bookkeeping to develop advanced skills and knowledge. Students will be able to develop skills they have already learned on the level 2 certificate in bookkeeping and apply more advanced techniques. It is ideal for those considering being self-employed in the future and need to know the basics of VAT.
The AAT level 3 advance certificate in bookkeeping consists of three papers which are examined in the following way:
Advanced Bookkeeping - unit assessment
- Final Accounts Preparation - unit assessment
- Indirect Tax - unit assessment
What will you learn in each AAT Level 3 unit?
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping.
- Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets.
- Prepare and record depreciation calculations.
- Record period-end adjustments.
- Produce and extend the trial balance.
Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisations.
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation.
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information.
- Produce accounts for sole traders.
- Produce accounts for partnerships.
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader.
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements.
- Accurately complete VAT returns and submit them in a timely manner.
- Understand the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filing and payment.
- Report VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational guidelines
What sort of jobs will this lead to?
- Professional bookkeeper
- Senior bookkeeper
- Accounts manager
- Ledger manager
- A good command of English and maths is expected.
- It is highly recommended to start at level 2 and progress to level 3.
- It is possible to enter directly at level 3, depending on prior qualifications and experience.
Or contact a programme advisor by calling
+44 (0) 20 3005 6336