AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Whether you’ve just started thinking about your future, are already working in a related field, or are looking to completely change your career, you may be wondering if accountancy is right for you.
If you have already decided to start pursuing your accountancy career, you’ll be pleased to know that there are no entry requirements to begin training. Therefore, studying towards a professional qualification such as AAT is an ideal option if you have little to no experience in the subject.
The foundation qualification covers basic accounting principles and techniques, from costing and double entry bookkeeping to using accounting software.
The AAT level 2 certificate in accounting consists of five units which are examined in the following way:
- Bookkeeping Transactions – unit assessment/synoptic assessment
- Bookkeeping Controls – unit assessment/synoptic assessment
- Elements of Costing – unit assessment/synoptic assessment
- Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance – synoptic assessment
- Using Accounting Software – unit assessment
The synoptic assessment includes questions that examine the whole syllabus. For AAT level 2, Using Accounting Software is not included in the synoptic assessment. Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance is only examined within the synoptic assessment and does not have its own grade.
What will you learn in each AAT Level 2 unit?
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use of the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
Elements of Costing
- Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
- Use cost recording techniques
- Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
Working Effectively in Finance
- Understand the finance function within an organisation
- Use personal skills development in finance
- Produce work effectively
- Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
Using Accounting Software
- Set up accounting software
- Process sales and purchases transactions
- Process bank and cash transactions
- Perform period end routine tasks
- Produce reports
Message us on WhatsApp or contact a programme advisor by phone:
+44 (0) 20 3005 6336