Business Development Techniques
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
Postgraduate Certificate: 30 hours
Postgraduate Diploma: 150 hours
|Mode of Study:||Live online classes|
|Intake Dates:||February, May and September*|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||£1,150 if taken individually (30 hours)|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
This module is aimed at those who require a fundamental understanding of business development techniques and their practical application within business, management, entrepreneurship or leadership fields. This programme provides an introduction into various methods for business development ranging from effective communications skills, active listening, advanced business development and sales pitch strategies to essential negotiation rules, stress and performance management. During this programme, you will be able to put some of these techniques into practice by developing your own business development ‘toolbox’ and enhancing your understanding of the best practices to use.
By the end of the module, delegates should be able to:
1. Understand the fundamentals of business development and outline basic skills required within this field
2. Demonstrate practical application of effective communication skills and assertion techniques
3. Develop a solid understanding of Harvard’s Principled Negotiation Technique and highlight essential rules of negotiation within business development
4. Examine and critically evaluate different business development techniques and strategies as well as the ground rules which underpin the field
5. Outline the best business development best practices via digital media and gain an understanding of the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
The course will cover a variety of subject areas within business development techniques:
• Business development fundamentals – function, skills required and skills audit
• Effective communication skills – communication components, building rapport, active listening techniques, listening blocks, positive body language, Socratic questioning, small talk techniques and assertion techniques
• Executive presence (EP) – 3 C’s of EP, internal and external qualities of EP, benefits of developing EP qualities in the business development field, EP based leadership, essential rules of negotiation in business development and Harvard’s Principled Negotiation Technique
• Advanced business development strategies – ground rules of business development, inoffensive closes, solution vs provocation-based selling, levels of buyer needs, commitment matrix and steps to business growth and sales pitch strategy
• Stress, time and performance management
• Confidence, self-esteem, self-efficacy and motivation
• Developing and using the Salesforce CRM System
Graham is a management consultant with a background of business development, financial services and HR. He teaches management and leadership programmes with one-to-one coaching to increase performance and personal effectiveness. Graham is also a lead trainer with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and a facilitator and qualified assessor for the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM.)
“I believe all people are capable of great things, the leader just needs to provide the environment to enable them to do it!”
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
All the modules of the programme can be taken individually, as well as a wide range of other courses available within the LSBF Executive Education portfolio.
*This course is planned to run in February, May and September. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.