Data Science for Executives
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|Duration:||Four days, 28 hours|
|Intake Dates:||November 2019|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||Click here for prices|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
After evidencing an impressive 650% increase in data science roles between 2012 and 2017, businesses have been assessing the opportunities and challenges surrounding big data. That’s why LSBF’s Data Science for Executives course targets professionals looking to become leaders in the field. Whether you want to develop your own data science department within your business or become more aware of the social implications of big data, this course is ideal for you.
You will begin your time at LSBF by learning about the techniques and tools used to extract value from big data. In order to do this, you will be taught how to identify trends and patterns in data. Big data is evolving to be the most important commercial asset, so for any business it is imperative to know how to use it and the implications of storing it.
The course will also teach you how to lead a team of data scientists and develop business strategies around data. In addition, Tableau Software provides delegates with a one year non-commercial license to use their software in order so that delegates learn using a hands-on approach. Tableau Software is a software company based in Seattle, Washington, whose products perform data analytics and produce meaningful information using graphical and tabular methods. You will be able to use the practical skills you learn from using this software to add value and relevance to your organisation.
- Understand the unique nature of leadership in data science
- Understand the tools and processes that uncover value from data
- Know how to integrate a data team into the business and how to formulate, estimate and manage data projects in an agile manner
- Know how to build business strategies informed by data
- Identify the current trends in big data, data analytics and data science
- Assess the social implications of collecting, storing and processing data at scale
- Data Science Introduction and Real Life Use Cases
- Data Science Mindset and Culture + Case Studies
- Building a Data-Driven Business Strategy
- Formulating, Estimating and Managing Agile Data Science Projects
- Data Science Technical Skills – Data Engineering, Machine Learning and Visualisation
- Social Impact, Bias, and Privacy Considerations of Data Science
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
**This course is planned to run throghout the year. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on:+44 (0) 20 3435 4644.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.