Data Science for Executives
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|Duration:||Four days, 28 hours|
|Intake Dates:||April 2020|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||Click here for prices|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
After evidencing an impressive 650% increase in data science roles between 2012 and 2017, businesses have been assessing the opportunities and challenges surrounding big data. That’s why LSBF’s Data Science for Executives course targets professionals looking to become leaders in the field. Whether you want to develop your own data science department within your business or become more aware of the social implications of big data, this course is ideal for you.
You will begin your time at LSBF by learning about the techniques and tools used to extract value from big data. In order to do this, you will be taught how to identify trends and patterns in data. Big data is evolving to be the most important commercial asset, so for any business, it is imperative to know how to use it and the implications of storing it.
The course will also teach you how to lead a team of data scientists and develop business strategies around data. In addition, Tableau Software provides delegates with a one-year, non-commercial license to use their software, so that delegates learn using a hands-on approach. Tableau Software is a software company based in Seattle, Washington, whose products perform data analytics and produce meaningful information using graphical and tabular methods. You will be able to use the practical skills you learn from using this software to add value and relevance to your organisation.
- Introducation to data science using real-life cases
- Developing data science mindset with case studies
- Building a data-driven business strategy
- Formulating, estimating and managing agile data science projects
- Data science technical skills, such as data engineering, machine learning and visualisation
- Social impact, bias and privacy considerations of data science
- Understand the unique nature of leadership in data science
- Understand the tools and processes that uncover value from data
- Know how to integrate a data team into the business and how to formulate, estimate and manage data projects in an agile manner
- Know how to build business strategies informed by data
- Identify the current trends in big data, data analytics and data science
- Assess the social implications of collecting, storing and processing data at scale
Who is the course for:
This data science course is suitable for business managers and executives who wish to gain an understanding of data driven business decisionmaking. It is also a good match for those who wish to explore the wider subject of data science in order to pursue a career in big data, machine learning and allied fields.
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
**This course is planned to run throughout the year. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.