Understanding Financial Statements course
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|Intake Dates:||February, May and September*|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
This course is a full introduction to the basics of financial reporting, giving you the skills to perform well in a finance or accounting position within any business.
You will gain an understanding of the essential principles of financial statements, including the nature of double entry accounting and its operation, regulation, and required presentation to meet UK and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Financial statement analysis
Double entry accounting
- Record business transactions in a financial accounting system
- Understand the basics of the double entry book keeping system
- Complete the bookkeeping phase up to trial balance, including adjustments
- Understand and prepare basic financial statements and interpret them with ratio analysis
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for professionals who need to work with financial accounting and financial statements as part of their role, or who want to move into such a position.
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
All the modules of the programme can be taken individually, as well as a wide range of other courses available within the LSBF Executive Education portfolio.
*This course is planned to run in February, May and September. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 7823 2303.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.