Corporate Finance in Practice
Need assistance in understanding how finance works in a corporate setting? This Winter School course is ideal for you.
LSBF tutors will ensure you leave with a solid understanding of finance and management basics – including uses and limitations. You will also become familiar with corporate finance theory and the fundamentals of risk management.
|English classes (one week)||£60|
The Accounting Equation and Balance Sheet
Management of working capital
Risk Management and Strategic Business Development
- Understand the difference between financial and management accounting
- Learn to prepare basic financial statements for various firms
- Create budgets and other budgetary control statements
- Become familiar with the mechanics of financial analysis related to valuing businesses.
- Recognise who stakeholders are and their objectives
- Be aware of the different sources of finance available to firms
- Learn what a CFO’s place is within an organisation
- Explain the structure of corporations
- Recognise the concepts behind strategic business development.
Who is the course for?
This Winter Finance course is for undergraduates and postgraduates if you’re looking to acquire greater skills, and enhance your career prospects.
- Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent
(all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students within a year of graduation
Please note that the Winter Business School is open only to applicants aged 18 and over as of January 1st, 2018.
**This course is planned to run in January 2018. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.