Strategic Management & Leadership
Good management is vital to success. By taking this summer school in management, you will understand the factors that contribute towards good business management. Using real-life case studies to examine how theories apply to reality, you will test different techniques and analyse their outcomes.
The implementation of successful strategy through management and leadership
Methods used in leader development
The role of culture in management development
After completing this summer course focusing on leadership, you will understand the following concepts and theories:
- the difference between management and leadership and between transactional, transformational, democratic, and autocratic leadership
- the impact of different leadership styles and behaviours on organisational performance
- Belbin’s team roles and team development
- the process of change management and concepts such as Lewin’s 3 steps of change and Kotter’s 8 step model
- how to handle conflict within an organisational context
- the theory of motivation and the role of management and leadership
- organisation culture and how it is affected by management and leadership
Who is the course for?
This management summer course is ideal for undergraduate students who are interested in gaining expertise in management and leadership while enjoying the summer in London.
The course is also suitable for graduate students within a year of graduation.
- Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent
(all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students within a year of graduation
Please note that the Summer Business School is open only to applicants aged 18 and over as of July 1st, 2018.
**This course is planned to run in July. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.
MEET OUR DELEGATES
Check out the videos below to see what our Executive Education delegates have to say about their learning experience at LSBF.