AWS Academy Cloud Foundations
AWS Cloud Foundations (ACF) is one of LSBF’s Digital Academy courses created to serve students looking for a career in cloud computing or those who wish to gain a conceptual and practical understanding about what cloud based computing is all about.
Many organisations and companies are now moving their information technology (IT) infrastructures to the cloud to save costs, increase profit, increase agility in responding to business needs and become more competitive in today’s tech-driven economy. To achieve these goals, companies need a well-trained workforce, and Amazon Web Services (AWS), is regarded as the world’s largest cloud based services provider. They are also a global leader in cloud computing training.
The AWS Academy Cloud Foundations (ACF) is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. You will gain a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing and support.
We are now offering:
- Live interactive classes or campus based
- Timetable with weekly evening sessions
- Flexible payment options
- Certified by: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As a LSBF Digital Academy student, you will qualify for a substantial discount from your AWS exam fees which is payable directly to AWS.
- Duration: 30 direct contact hours delivered over 10 x 3 hour sessions over a 10 week period
- Mode of study: London campus or live-online
- Intake: TBN
- Tuition Fees:
(Flexible payment plans and group discounts available)
- WEEK 1: CLOUD CONCEPTS OVERVIEW.
- WEEK 2: ECONOMICS OF CLOUD COMPUTING AND BILLING.
- WEEK 3: AWS GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE OVERVIEW.
- WEEK 4: CLOUD SECURITY.
- WEEK 5: NETWORKING AND CONTENT DELIVERY (INCLUDING 1 LAB).
- WEEK 6: COMPUTE (INCLUDING 1 LAB).
- WEEK 7: STORAGE (INCLUDING 1 LAB)
- WEEK 8: DATABASE (INCLUDING 1 LAB)
- WEEK 9: CLOUD ARCHITECTURE (INCLUDING 1 LAB)
- WEEK 10: AUTOMATIC SCALING AND MONITORING (INCLUDING 1 LAB)
- How to explain the value of the AWS Cloud to different companies.
- Understand and explain the AWS shared responsibility model.
- Understand AWS Cloud security best practices.
- Describe and position the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage.
- Identify AWS services for common use cases and implement them to make companies more agile and competitive.
Dr. Gokop Goteng
Gokop has been working on cloud computing technologies within academia and industry for the past 12 years. He is a Senior Lecturer in Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud Computing at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), UK. Gokop is an AWS Certified and Accredited instructor and an AWS Educate Faculty Ambassador.
He is also a Java Certified Programmer and an Oracle Certified professional. Gokop is a professional member of the British Computer Society and IEEE Computer Society. Gokop has BSc and MSc in Computer Science. He also has another MSc in Information Technology for Product Engineering and a PhD in Grid Computing, both from Cranfield University, UK.
- IT literate with access to a computer
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
* Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
**Our short courses are planned to run throughout the year. However, they are subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.