LSBF is recognised as a global centre of excellence for business management and finance, with high-quality academic partners and corporate networks.
You can choose from our wide range of undergraduate courses.
What is an undergraduate degree?
In the UK, an undergraduate degree is any programme that is considered an academic ‘step up’ from A Levels or any qualification equivalent to A Levels (for example, a BTEC or the International Baccalaureate).
Undergraduate studies are usually completed at universities or another forms of higher education institutions. There are three types of undergraduate study:
- An undergraduate degree
- Certificates and diplomas (intermediate level)
- Apprenticeships and traineeships combining academic study with workplace learning
With so many undergraduate courses on offer in the UK, it’s important to research the different options before deciding the academic path you wish to follow. Learn what each form of undergraduate qualification involves:
- Bachelor’s degree: The most common undergraduate qualification, taken by over a million people in the UK every year. Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BSc) are very popular, but there are many others including Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) and Bachelor of Commerce (BCom). Courses typically last three to four years, although some take longer to complete.
- Foundation degree* (FD): Combining academic study and workplace learning, foundation degrees are equivalent to two-thirds of a bachelor’s degree. They are designed by employers and focus on particular professions. Such degrees are often offered by further education colleges with universities awarding the certificates, and can take up to two years (full-time) to complete.
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ): A level 4-6 NVQ is equivalent to (though not necessarily seen as valuable as) a bachelor’s degree. With focus on practical skills, these are studied within the workplace. Assessment is carried out in the form of observations of your work, and of the portfolio you submit for review. Performance is measured against national occupational standards.
- Brighter career prospects: An undergraduate qualification is a fantastic addition to any CV. Such qualifications act as proof of either academic excellence, exceptional skill level, or both. This increases your chances of embarking upon a career you are passionate about.
- Higher potential earnings: This often goes hand-in-hand with career prospects. An undergraduate qualification – particularly a bachelor’s degree - is usually expected to increase your potential earnings.
- Chance to make contacts: Studying an undergraduate qualification may provide you with vital opportunities to network with people who have already become successful in the sector you wish to enter. Build positive professional relationships with them and they may prove useful when the time comes to find employment.
- Personal development: Embarking on study acts as a great first step towards independence. As well as academic and work related skills, it is likely you’ll acquire skills useful in every aspect of life, for example, organisation and time management.
- Great life experience: Above all, studying for an undergraduate qualification is fun. Not only do you get to take the first steps towards the career you want, but you’ll also meet new friends, discover new things, and make memories.
Everyone at LSBF, especially those in Career Services, work hard to develop students both academically and professionally. We provide you with highly marketable skills, adding further value to everything you learn in the classroom and improving your career prospects.
Our Careers Surgery allows you to get personal advice on any career related topics, from the job application process to finding jobs in the industry you want. We also hold regular workshops, improving your CV and cover letter writing, interview techniques, and much more.
Undergraduate courses at LSBF
LSBF is recognised as a global centre of excellence for business management, finance, marketing and accounting, with the highest quality academic partners, corporate networks, and state-of-the-art facilities. Select from a variety of undergraduate courses to begin carving out a successful career in the global business arena.
Business programmes provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to get into almost any sector you could think of; they open many different doors. Once you’ve graduated you’ll have the potential work your way up to management level roles within national and even international corporations, or you could decide to take the entrepreneurial path and start your own business.
Possible career paths include:
- Human resources officer
- Management consultant
- Operational researcher
- Human resources officer
- Marketing executive
- Retail manager
- Sales executive
- Systems analyst
You can attend one of our undergraduate drop-in sessions. Here, you can get a feel for the campus of your choice, learn more about the course you want to study, and meet the tutors who will teach you once you start your course.
Alternatively, you can talk with one of our career advisors by calling one of the following numbers:
London: +44 (0) 207 823 2303
Birmingham: +44 (0) 121 616 3370
Manchester: +44 (0) 161 713 1777
How to Apply
Step by step guide on how to apply for courses at LSBF.
Undergraduate Start 2016
We have places available now with courses in business, marketing, finance, fashion and more.
Undergraduate Drop-in Sessions
Learn more about our undergraduate courses from our programme advisors, receive help with the application process and tour our facilities – all in the heart of London!
*Please note: SQA qualifications are currently not available for application for 2016. If you have already applied for 2016 entry please, contact our recruitment team on +44 (0) 207 823 2303 for further assistance.