ACCA Exemptions and Requirements
Professional Examination Route:
Minimum Entry requirements to register for the ACCA course, starting at the ACCA Knowledge level, are two A Levels plus 3 GCSEs in five separate subjects (including English and Mathematics), or the equivalent. Those students in possession of higher qualifications may be eligible for exemptions from some of the ACCA examinations.
Foundations in Accountancy route (FIA)
- Must be 18 or over
- Students who successfully complete the Diploma in Accounting and Business via Foundations in Accountancy can transfer to the UK ACCA Qualification and commence their studies from F4 onwards
- Gain exemptions from ACCA papers F1-F3
ACCA Exemptions for Degree Holders:
Holders of recognised business and/or accounting degrees will be considered for ACCA exemption from some or all of the papers in Knowledge & Skills levels, if they have previously studied and been assessed in comparable subject areas. Students with non-relevant degrees will not receive exemption from the examinations.
We advise you to check your starting point with ACCA before you enrol on the course.
ACCA Exemption Application Deadlines:
- By 31 July – for December exams
- By 31 December – for June exams
We are pleased to announce that the professional qualification section of LSBF has its own website. It has been designed to offer you a better user experience plus now you have the opportunity to buy your papers straight away without having to leave the site.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU?
With the new site, you’ll be able to:
- Find the course you are interested in with the Select & Buy Papers tool and purchase your paper straight away.
- Use the Course Filter to quickly find your course based on subject, programme, campus and study mode.
- Find out exactly who’s going to be teaching you and see detailed information about your tutor with the Tutor Filter.
- Create an account to book papers, keep track of your purchase history and check the dates of the classes you enrolled for.
Want to speak to a Programme Advisor?
We provide one-to-one advice on weekdays from 9am until 6pm and during our open days. We will be happy to see you at these times at our Holborn campus. Alternatively, call us on 0207 823 2303 during these hours.
†UK Campuses only
Please see full Terms and Conditions for more information.