Introductory Bookkeeping Certificate
Our Introductory Bookkeeping Certificate (IBK) is a great foundation for you to build your bookkeeping and accounting career from. The course is 100% online and includes everything you need to get your IBK certificate - all for just £99. Once you have completed your IBK certificate, you may want to take the next step and gain an accreditation like AAT or ACCA.
Following the completion of the IBK certificate, you’ll get an exclusive 15% off your first AAT or ACCA booking, to help you progress your bookkeeping and accounting career. To get this discount please speak to your course adviser after you have completed the IBK certification.
You'll get award-winning tuition in a course that includes:
- A detailed study planner that allows you to plan your study time and complete necessary exercises to grasp topics.
- Categorised tuition videos that are grouped together for easy learning across any device.
- Application quizzes that test your knowledge and boost understanding.
- Discussion tasks that allow you to liaise with classmates and encourage group work.
- A comprehensive study manual filled with examples and scenarios so you can gain a deeper understanding.
- A question bank to practise multiple questions that will challenge your strategic thinking and technical skills.
- A final computer based examination that will test the syllabus.
- Once you have passed the exam you'll be awarded an LSBF certificate which is attractive for employers.
The Introductory to Bookkeeping (IBK) certificate is designed to provide knowledge on basic financial accounting, double entry bookkeeping and accounts adjustments.
It's a stepping stone to help progress your career towards a bookkeeping or accountancy role from the comfort of your own home. With our online learning platform, you can learn anytime and anywhere to suit your schedule. The programme provides an insight on sole trading and basic company accounts. Once you have completed this certification you can look to progress onto the AAT or ACCA qualification with a good foundation of bookkeeping.
The certificate takes approximately 1 month to complete. However, you have unlimited time to complete the certificate, at a pace that suits you.
After completing the course, students will have to take a computer based exam from home. Upon completion of the exam, you will receive a certificate to show you have completed the course.
Our IBK certificate covers 11 chapters to give you a solid foundation to progress from. The chapters cover the following content:
Introduction to accounting
Double entry bookkeeping
- The accounting equation
- Double entry accounting
- Balancing ledger accounts
- Trial balance
- Inventory valuation
- First in first out
- Average cost - continuous method
- Average cost - period end method
- Credit sales
- Irrecoverable debts
- Allowance for receivables
- Initial recognition
- Depreciation - Straight line
- Depreciation - Reducing balance basis
- Depreciation - Changes
- Asset disposals
- Non-current asset register and disclosures
- Intangible non-current assets
Accruals and prepayments
- Accruals and prepayments
- Accrued and deferred income
- Sales tax
Books of prime entry
- The accounting system
- Accounting for sales and sales returns
- Accounting for purchases and purchase returns
- Accounting for discounts
- The cash book and the petty cash book
- Bank reconciliations
Control accounts, errors and suspense accounts
- Control account reconciliations
- Errors which do not cause an imbalance
- Suspense accounts
There are no entry requirements to begin studying IBK certificates online. IBK is an ideal choice for current students, recent graduates, or career changers with no relevant work experience.
If you like working with numbers and like to analyse data, IBK is a great way to develop your skills and pave your way to a successful career in accountancy.
For international students considering a distance learning IBK qualification with LSBF, it should be noted that the courses are conducted entirely in English, so an appropriate intermediate language level is preferable.