Consumer Behaviour Analysis
This course will develop your understanding of the analysis of consumer behaviour, teaching you various theoretical models related to consumer psychology and research data.
Exploring the contribution of consumer analysis in relation to marketing strategies, this course provides you with the insight you need to gain a better understanding of consumer behaviour analysis. Practical examples will help you understand how these theories apply to real-life situations.
- Module from the Postgraduate Certificate in Marketing
- Accreditation: BAC-British Accreditation Council & CPD-Continuing Professional Development
- Duration: 12 weeks | 1 class per week
- Mode of Study: Live online classes
- Intake Date: 2nd February 2021
- Tuition Fees: £990
(Flexible payment plans and group discounts available)
Consumer psychology and insight
Purchase and consumption
Customer relationship management
Who Is the Course For?
This course is ideal for anyone looking to gain further understanding of their customers and general consumer behaviour.
Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
* Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
All the modules of the programme can be taken individually, as well as a wide range of other courses available within the LSBF Executive Education portfolio.
*This course is planned to run in February 2021. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.