Contract Law for Business Executives
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|Duration:||Four days, 28 hours|
|Mode of Study:||Live online classes|
|Intake Dates:||Throughout the year*|
|Timetables:||Click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||Click here for prices|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
This contract law course will enable executives to communicate and operate more effectively in the International business environment by improving their ability to read, understand and manage international contracts drafted in English.
Using a systematic and pragmatic approach, the course will improve delegates’ ability to decipher contractual and general legal jargon in international contracts. It will also enable delegates to understand the basic tenets of English contract law and the general principles of law which underpin international contracts. Delegates will be able to see how all of this applies to the way that contracts are interpreted and drafted, as well as to comprehend how contractual liability is constructed and interpreted.
With a small number of participants, this contract law short course is highly participative and will provide delegates with the opportunity to engage in interactive learning with the course tutor as well as each other through practical exercises, which will combine contractual theory with practice and develop each delegate’s communication skills. There will also be a focus on delegates’ own contracts and work in progress throughout the course.
- First principles of English contract and commercial law
- Basic principles of liability under English law
- Key terms in international contracts
- Contract structure
- Contract clauses and sample agreements
- Understand and interpret the purpose of common clauses found in international contracts
- Understand the legal principles which underpin such clauses and explain their purpose to others
- Understand their way around an international contract by increasing their understanding of the contractual structure, as well as understanding the legal purpose, meaning and application of standard clauses
- Manage contracts more effectively by deciphering contractual and general legal jargon
- Understand and apply the basic principles of contract law to a variety of common business situations and to their own work
Who is the course for?
This course is ideally suited for business executives or leaders who engage with legal documents and contracts. The course will give you a good overview of how UK and international contracts work, with a legal approach. It is also suitable for anobody who wishes to gain an understanding of UK contract law and agreements.
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
**This course is planned to run throughout the year. However, it is subject to student demand. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 3435 4644.