Trading Psychology and Risk Management
|Accreditation:||CPD - Continuing Professional Development|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
This module studies a range of human emotions and the effect of human behaviour on financial markets. It explains what makes people behave as they do, and how this (somewhat predictable) behaviour can be used to predict market movements and enhance trading profits. It also examines different types of investment risks and methods for mitigating risk through hedging or diversification. Throughout the module, students will be required to assess the risks within their demo trading portfolios and manage their risk exposure effectively at all times with an emphasis on stop loss and limit order placement. They will be required to manage liquidity and market capitalisation constraints, average holding periods, both intraday and as part of their end of day process.
- Learn to make lifestyle changes and discover how tailoring your nutrition and exercise regime can help with trading
- Analyse how to keep your emotions in check when trading
- Develop positive and winning mental strategies to guide you each time you trade.
- Assess on-going risk limits and manage potential drawdown within a live trading portfolio
- Principles of trading psychology & behavioural analysis: why is this a real edge?
- Understand your trading personality type, raise awareness & transform
- Strategies to accelerate and maintain your ‘peak performance’
- Mind: Key psychological traps & winning (practical) mental strategies
- Body: Enhance your nutrition, exercise & recovery for optimal health
- Emotion: Learn how to BE ‘in the zone’ during winners & losers
- Results-driven success: Goal-setting, performance measures & unique coaching support
- Education - Undergraduate degree or 5 years work experience
- English language - Proof of English proficiency IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
All the modules of the programme can be taken individually, as well as a wide range of other courses available within the London Academy of Trading portfolio.