Great Minds Series: interviews with business leaders for the new academic year
Following interviews with some of the most prominent personalities in business and politics, LSBF is pleased to announce new plans to expand its Great Minds series. The videos – which have already featured in-depth conversations with former British Prime Ministers Tony Blair and Sir John Major, entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, former Education Secretary Lord Kenneth Baker and others – are aimed at inspiring students and promoting debate on education, employability, entrepreneurship and the economy.
Amongst the business leaders that have already confirmed participation for the new the academic year are Matt Brittin, CEO at Google UK; John King, CEO at House of Fraser; Tim Davie, CEO at BBC Worldwide; Jill McDonald, CEO at McDonald’s Europe; Amy McPherson, CEO at Marriot Hotels, and Andrew Miller, CEO at Guardian Media Group. Other participants include:
- Stephen Cohen, CEO at Blue Inc;
- Nick Cooper, CEO at Ophir Energy;
- Mark Wood, CEO at JLT Group;
- Jonathan Ruffer, Chairman at Ruffer LLP;
- Tony Hayward, CEO at Ganel Energy;
- Dawid Konotey-Ahulu, CEO at Redington;
- Robert Limb, CEO at Oil Spill Response;
- Eric Salama, CEO at Kantar Group;
- Duncan Painter, CEO at Top Right Group;
- Des Gunewardena, CEO at D&D Restaurants
Also in the pipeline are interviews with Safeena Hussain, Founder & CEO of the Indian education charity Educate Girls, Deborah Meaden, famous in the UK for her appearances on the BBC Two business programme Dragon’s Den, and Will Butler-Adams, the Managing Director of Brompton, the company responsible for designing and manufacturing the world-famous folding bike.
The new videos will be released over the coming months on LSBF’s website, and social media profiles.