• CALL US TODAY! +44 (0) 20 3535 1122
  • LSBF Facebook
  • LSBF Twitter
  • LSBF LinkedIn
  • LSBF YouTube

I Am Looking For...

Visas and Immigration Information

Most students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland will need a student Visa to study in the UK. Application forms and advice about the Visa process is available from www.ukvisas.gov.uk (this opens a new window) or your local British Council office. Please note that some countries have different procedures for Visa applications.

The Home Office classes non-EEA or non-Swiss students as either:

  • Visa nationals
  • Non-visa nationals

The way you are classed is based on your nationality - see the ukvisas website (this opens a new window) for more information.

All Visa nationals must apply for a Visa as a student before they come to the UK, regardless of the length of their course.

If you are classed as a non-Visa national, and are coming for a course of six months or less, you have the option of applying for permission to enter and stay in the UK when you arrive here – however we strongly recommend that you apply for an entry clearance before leaving your home country. If you are studying for more than six months, you must apply for a Visa to the UK before leaving your home country.

To apply for a student Visa you will need to provide:

A completed Visa application form (VAF9- PBS Migrant) accompanied with PBS Appendix 8 General Student Self- Assessment form which are available from the UK Visas website

  • An original unconditional enrolment letter from LSBF. A Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS) number
  • Proof of qualifications – the Visa office will want to see original certificates to prove you have the appropriate qualifications.
  • Proof that you have the funds on your presonal account available to pay course fees and living expenses while in the UK.