I Am Looking For...


Frequently Asked Questions by International Students

This is a list of questions frequently asked by our International students. If you have any other questions, please email info@lsbf.org.uk


Will there be any other overseas students on the course?

  • We have international students from more than 150 different countries.


How many hours a week must I study?

  • The number of study hours can vary according to the course, but as an international student you have to attend at least 15 classroom hours per week.


If my Visa application is delayed, how late can I start my course?

  • In exceptional circumstances we would allow you to start up to three weeks into the course.


Does the LSBF run online courses?


Do I have to be proficient in English to study at the LSBF?

Do I have to pay my fees in advance?

For professional qualifications such as the ACCA, CIMA and CIM, you need to pay a deposit of 50% of the course fees with your application. The remaining 50% should be paid one month prior to the start date of the course.

For our masters programmes, £3,000 is required to reserve your place. You then need to pay at least 80% of the total fees 30 days before the start of the course.

Note: that there is a non-refundable £150 administration charge on paid fees.

Deposits can be paid by Bank Draft (made payable to 'London School of Business & Finance’), or by Bank Transfer directly into LSBF account.

LSBF Account Details
International Bank Account Number:GB55MIDL40011311512668
Bank Identifier Code (BIC): MIDLGB2105K
Sort Code: 40-01-13
Account Number: 11512668
Bank address: 89 Buckingham Palace Road Belgravia London SW1W 0QL

How much money will I need to cover living expenses?

We estimate that you should allow at least £10,000 per calendar year to cover basics such as accommodation, food and travel.

Do I have to pay Council Tax?

Full-time registered students (but not students with ‘writing-up’ status) are usually eligible for exemption from Council Tax, but they are not allowed to claim Council Tax Benefit, which is a public fund.

Do I need to get a visa before I travel to the UK?

Please see our visas and immigration page for more information.

Can I work part-time in the UK while I am a student?

If you are from a country within the European Economic Area (EEA), you can work in the UK without permission.