Role: Credit Controller
Reports to: Group Credit Control Manager
To work with our finance team as a Credit Controller to maintain an effective and professional credit control system for the company, primarily focusing on chasing outstanding student fees and maintaining students’ financial records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contacting students by phone and email to collect outstanding debt
- To support the development and maintenance of company credit control procedures
- To assist in managing the outstanding sales balances
- Implementing the company’s zero tolerance policy with respect to tuition fees such as conducting random spot checks
- Assist Group Credit Control Manager with the completion of reports
- Liaise with finance staff in Birmingham, Manchester and Toronto offices with regards to outstanding debt
- To act as first point of contact for prompt query resolution with regard to student debt and arranging face to face interviews with students
- Proactively working to exceed financial targets
- To maintain a full audit trail of debt management activities and collection history to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to with regard to debt management
- To carry out other duties deemed as appropriate to the role as requested by the line manager.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Previous experience within a busy Credit Control department
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Demonstrable track record of producing accurate credit control reports
- Excellent team working skills
- Proven experience of bringing in outstanding debts and exceeding targets
- Computer literate and possess a good understanding of MS Word and Excel
- Good written communication skills including the ability to draft routine credit control correspondence and a good telephone manner
- Be highly results focused and target driven
Please note: Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
LSBF is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.