LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology *
One of the most popular and rapidly expanding disciplines in the field of Law is Criminology, Both Law and Criminology study the causes and consequences of breaking the law and explore the theories behind the regulation of human behaviour. The LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology programme allows students to study both disciplines within one programme, while still being a 'Qualifying Law degree', approved by the Bar Council, exempting graduates from the academic stage of legal training. Although there is a stronger emphasis on law within the course, students are offered both core and optional modules in both law and criminology to allow them to attain the knowledge and skills appropriate to their own ambitions.
London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) offers this degree in collaboration with the Lancashire Law School, applying the same exacting standards that we require of our other programmes, regularly reviewing the course content to ensure it is as up-to-date and industry relevant as possible. The final LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology degree is awarded by UCLan and allows for any number of career pathways, including solicitor, barrister, or law related fields within the public sector.
- 280-300 UCAS tariff points or equivalent international qualification
- GCSE Maths: grade C or equivalent
- English proficiency: PTE 54 (minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 6.0 (minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5) or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
- October 2013
- 3 Years – Full time
Click here for the latest fees.
Click here for the 2013 Bursaries and Scholarships .
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on:
+ 44 (0) 203 005 6155,
or email us at:
Whether you want to further your education after graduation and become a solicitor or barrister, or would rather follow a career specifically related to criminology, this degree will help you onto your chosen path. Students wishing to train as a solicitor or barrister will have completed a 'Qualifying Law Degree' permitting graduates to proceed directly onto the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at the institution of their choice.
The course structure allows for great flexibility, with a high proportion of elective modules giving you the opportunity to tailor the course to suit your needs and interests.
The programme explores both business and criminal law, with modules that cover legal interviewing and negotiations, tort laws, and a number of optional modules among both the criminology and law fields. The criminology segment of the programme considers how crime is defined, managed, and perceived in the modern world. Students will also be introduced to relevant legal skills, including mooting, legal research, and communication skills, both oral and written.
This programme at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) will allow you to work towards success in a forward-thinking, supportive environment; where you can interact with a culturally diverse classroom of future leaders.
Other benefits of this LSBF programme include:
- Campuses in the heart of London
- Exceptional work placements with our industry companies
- A regularly reviewed syllabus to reflect the current business world and current trends
- Small size classes to ensure maximum student support from lecturers
- Opportunity to combine degree with globally recognised professional qualifications such as ACCA, CFA®, CIM and CIMA
- Life-long career services with access to expert advice and guidance
For international students wishing to meet the English Language Requirements to extend their student visa, The Pearson Test of English (PTE) course is perfect to improve English language. The course is worth £ 505 (including tuition and exam fee), however LSBF will cover the full cost if you book your LLB with us - don't miss out on this amazing opportunity and find out more here!
* Nationals of the UK/EU can only pursue the Bachelor in International Business (BIB), the BSc (Hons) Business Management or BSc (Hons) Financial Management programme.