Business Foundation (Advanced Diploma)
This intensive programme is delivered through lectures, seminars, workshops and tutorials. You will acquire the study skills and theoretical knowledge required to study at undergraduate level, helping you to become an independent learner.
The modules are outlined below:
Develop essential research skills and the ability to ensure your findings can be documented, analysed and conveyed for maximum effect through this module. It covers the foundations of good study practice, and will teach skills that stay relevant throughout your future learning and career.
Learn to take advantage of opportunities for career progression with this module, designed to help you identify your career preferences and enabling you to pursue them from an informed standpoint.
This covers how marketing research, planning, and marketing mix are used by all organisations (even non-commercial, public and voluntary ones). It focuses on the customer – including why and how customer groups are targeted.
Explore the role of accounting in managing a business by learning its associate processes and how to implement these. You will also gain the skills to review business performance and create cash flow forecasts.
Learn how to identify the aims and objectives of a project, as well as ensuring they are met. You will understand the process of preparing, planning, managing and assessing the results of a project.
Gain an understanding of how the general economic environment and commercial activity affect one another, as well as a country’s wellbeing. This includes the impact of fiscal policies on spending, and government spending on businesses.
This module helps you bring together the knowledge and skills gained during your foundation studies. You will apply all these competencies in drafting a Final Major Project (FMP) and Statement of Intent (SoI).
Through a choice of two start dates, you gain the flexibility to begin your journey to success in October, February or June
This Business Foundation Programme has been specially adapted from the broader Foundation in Contemporary Contexts Programme to deliver greater industry focus, this programme is in partnership with London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) and accredited by Pearson.
This course gives you critical practice in the core assessment methods and formats used during undergraduate study. These include:
- Essay: demonstrate your research, analytical, evaluation and presentation skills in written essay form.
- Report: evidence your ability to find and apply information for specific purposes in written report form.
- Presentations: display your ability to gather and present information to an audience using images, video, flatwork and models.
- Proposal: show your capacity to evaluate practical research taking context into account and indicating options for development.
- Technical report: undertake an analysis of a debate regarding a specific and relevant topic.
- Learner diary: examine and reflect on ideas, concepts and designs with a view to their improvement.
- Minimum age: UK/EU students - 16 years old, International students - 18 years old
- Three GCSE passes (C or above)
- English proficiency: IELTS 5.5 (min 5.0 in all components) or equivalent
- 9 months
- 6 months (Intensive)
Click here for the latest fees.
Click here for the Bursaries and Scholarships .
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on: + 44 (0) 203 005 6155.
or email us at