BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Studies*
A degree in accounting and financial services can open the door to many lucrative careers within banks, insurance firms, consumer finance companies, brokerage firms, mutual or investment funds and various roles within large multinational companies.
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Studies degree will provide you with the skills you need to build a successful career in the financial sector, including financial services, accountancy, or consultancy. Recognised by the ACCA, the programme is relevant and up to date, ensuring that graduates are prepared for the competitive financial sector. The BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Studies also offers a study path to combine the degree with the ACCA qualification. Graduates who wish to pursue the qualification receive considerable exemptions from the examinations, offering up to 9 exemptions.
The industry relevant BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Studies course has been designed by Lancashire Business School and the degree is awarded by University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
- 280-300 UCAS tariff points or equivalent international qualification
- GCSE Maths: grade C or equivalent
- English proficiency: PTE 54 (minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 6.0 (minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5) or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
|Next Intakes||October 2013|
|Duration||3 Years – Full time|
Click here for the latest fees.
Click here for the 2012 Bursaries and Scholarships.
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on +44 (0) 203 005 6155 or email us at:
This degree is designed for students who have an interest in the financial world and would like to build a solid foundation for their career in the accounting or financial sector.
You will be taught valuable practical business skills relating to financial management and accounting through a series of exciting and challenging group projects and presentations. This programme will demonstrate how economic and political influences affect how a business operates in a competitive market.
The syllabus is largely centred on the development of vital business strategy; taught through group projects and case studies. As a result you'll be better equipped to make strong business decisions.
This London School of Business and Finance course will help you to work towards a successful career in an encouraging and progressive environment, with lecturers who have had successful careers in accounting and financial services.
Other benefits of this LSBF programme include:
- Campuses in the heart of London
- Exceptional work placements at major blue chip companies
- A regularly reviewed syllabus to reflect the current business world and current trends
- Small size classes to ensure maximum student support from lecturers
- Job guarantees within six months' of graduation**
- Opportunity to combine degree with globally recognised professional qualifications such as ACCA, CFA®, CIM and CIMA
- Life-long career services with access to expert advice and guidance
For international students wishing to meet the English Language Requirements to extend their student visa, The Pearson Test of English (PTE) course is perfect to improve English language. The course is worth £505 (including tuition and exam fee), however LSBF will cover the full cost if you book your BA Accounting and Financial Studies degree with us – don't miss out on this amazing opportunity and find out more here!
Impress top employers - take a free Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT) with us. It will demonstrate your aptitude, financial knowledge and career skills, and also allows companies to get in touch if they're interested in you. The BAT comes at no extra cost when you enrol onto any finance-related programme.
* Nationals of the UK/EU can only pursue the Bachelor in International Business (BIB), the BSc (Hons) Business Management or BSc (Hons) Financial Management programme.
** T&Cs apply. Some students may not qualify for the Job Guarantee scheme.