HND in Business – Course Structure
This course consists of 24 units, 18 of which are mandatory units. These mandatory units cover essential topics including marketing, economics, accounting, management and business law. Emphasis is placed encouraging you to progress to becoming an exceptional professional in the industry. You will gain practical management skills vital to understanding and applying key business principles.
- Minimum age, 18+ years old
- Full secondary education. NQF 3 for example A levels OR AS levels (no less than grade D)
- English proficiency: PTE 51 (Minimum: Listening 51, Reading 51, Speaking 51, Writing 51) or equivalent, IELTS 5.5 (Minimum: Listening 5.5, Reading 5.5, Speaking 5.5, Writing 5.5)* or equivalent, TOEFL 87 (Minimum: Reading 22, Writing 21, Listening 21, Speaking 23) or equivalent
- Full Personal Statement – explaining how you would benefit from the course
- Mature students (over 21) are accepted, subject to professional references
*Don’t have the IELTS required? Get the IELTS preparation you need with The Language Gallery.
London, Birmingham, Manchester
2 years (24 units, 18 of which are mandatory units)
- Start dates:
September 2015 and January 2016
Click here for the latest fees.
Click here for the Bursaries and Scholarships.
- Apply Now
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on: + 44 (0) 203 005 6155, or email us at:
|THE COURSE 18 CORE UNITS ARE:|
- Managing People and Organisations
- Marketing : An Introduction
- Economic Issues: and Introduction
- Business Accounting
- Communication: Analysing and Presenting Complex Communication
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT: Applications Software 1
- Business Culture and Strategy
- Behavioural Skills for Business
- Economics 1: Micro and Macro Theory and Application
- Economics 2: The World Economy
- Information and Communication Technology in Business
- Statistics for Business
- Preparing Financial Forecasts
- Business Law: An Introduction
- Business Contractual Relationships
- Business Graded Unit 1
- Business Graded Unit 2
- In addition to the units mentioned above, you will also take 6 additional units which may include:
Recruitment, Selection and Induction
Human Resource Management Practice
Personal Development Planning
After successful completion of the HND, you have the possibility to continue with your studies and join the third year of any undergraduate business degree offered at LSBF. Check our career direction page for more information.