OTHM Level 7 - Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (QCF)
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma prepares students for senior management within the Tourism and Hospitality industry. The continued growth of this industry has brought about an increasing need for flexible and skilled managers able to operate at all levels. The course is designed to cater for local and international professionals within the industry who wish to gain the necessary qualifications and theoretical awareness to advance their careers in operations. It will also appeal to recent graduates who wish to acquire the specialist knowledge and qualifications necessary to manage tourism and hospitality operations at a middle or senior management level and consultancy work.
The programme relates to both tourism and hospitality studies through a focus on the contexts of globalisation, commercialisation, contemporary issues, planning research and decision making and destination management. To excel in this industry one needs to be a good leader, manager, entrepreneur and show awareness of the ethical, cultural, environmental and social settings within which you are working. A particular strength of the programme is the consideration of the links between the travel, tourism and hospitality industries in relation to organisation and management, as well as help you launch a career whilst providing the framework for life-long learning.
This programme is offered in partnership with LCCA.
- Managing Operations and Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality Organisations
- Destination Management: Policy, Planning and Promotion
- Contemporary Management in Tourism & Hospitality
- Ethics, Risk and Decision Making in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Strategy
- Advanced Research Methods for Tourism and Hospitality
- Local day visits and real-world tourism development project
- Residential field study visits
- Guest speakers from industry and tourism development agencies
This professional programme will equip you with a wide range of careers opportunities as Senior Managers and Consultants within major tourism companies, tourism development bodies and local authorities. You may also choose to set up a tourist or hospitality business or go on to research and lecturing. Alternatively Students who successfully complete the Level 7 Diploma can automatically convert their award into a Master’s degree from a number of approved partners or progress into post-graduate research.
The Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) is one of the fastest-growing British Professional Bodies to supply qualified and part-qualified personnel to the Industry. The Organisation supports the Tourism and Hospitality industry through training and educational programmes and a supply of experienced, focused and high quality employees.
- All students must be a minimum of 18 years old on the commencement date of their course and demonstrate competence in English at the necessary level, IELTS 6.0 or above in each component or equivalent
- OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (QCF) or other relevant UK Level 6 qualification or equivalent as recognised by UK NARIC
- Mature students (over 21) with six years’ relevant work experience, including three years with team leadership or managerial experience
- 1 Year, full time
- June 2013 / September 2013
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on:
+44 (0) 20 7823 2303 or email us at email@example.com
1. OTHM course fees include OTHM membership fees and exam fees.
2. Following study periods, Students are expected to take exams and to submit assessments. A failure to do so, without good cause will result in Tier 4 Students being in breach of the terms of their UKBA sponsorship with LSBF, as such disciplinary action shall be taken.