OTHM Level 6 - Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Work Placement (QCF)
This programme provides you with background knowledge of essential concepts and ideas in the Tourism and Hospitality industries and real-world developmental approaches encouraging you to think critically and aiding in your ability to express yourself clearly to all audiences.
The focus of this level 6 programme is on the managerial, decision making and leadership aspects of the global Tourism and Hospitality industry. You will be preparing your own project which is to be an impressive selection of work that you can use in your future career. The modules ensure you acquire the fundamental concepts to help you understand current issues in the hospitality and tourism sector, to effectively manage a business and make sure that businesses are sustainable, profitable and provide a high quality experience for their customers and staff.
The core curriculum is embedded with diverse disciplinary topics, encompassing marketing communications, strategic and organisational management, information systems and teamwork skills as well as a critical analysis of the main aspects of the subject area.
This programme is offered in partnership with LCCA.
- Marketing Communications for Tourism and Hospitality
- Working in the International Tourism and Hospitality Business Environment
- Analysing Tourism and Hospitality Business
- Using Management Information Systems for Tourism and Hospitality
- Strategic Human Resource Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Researching Tourism and Hospitality Operations (Written Project)
These modules will prepare you to enter the next stage of the programme, participating in a work placement. Details of this work placement will be provided during the second semester of the course
- Local day visits and real-world tourism development project
- Residential field study visits
- Guest speakers from industry and tourism development agencies
This professional programme will equip you with a wide range of careers opportunities as middle or senior managers within major tourism companies, tourism development bodies and local authorities. Alternatively Students who successfully complete the Level 6 Diploma can automatically convert their award into a bachelor’s degree from a number of approved partners or progress onto the post-graduate Level 7 Diploma.
The Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) is one of the fastest-growing British Professional Bodies to supply qualified and part-qualified personnel to the Industry. The Organisation supports the Tourism and Hospitality industry through training and educational programmes and a supply of experienced, focused and high quality employees.
- All students must be a minimum of 18 years old on the commencement date of their course and demonstrate competence in English at the necessary level, IELTS 5.5 or above in each component or equivalent
- OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (QCF) or other relevant UK Level 5 qualification or equivalent as recognised by UK NARIC
- Mature students (Over 21) with five years’ relevant work experience, including three years with team leadership or managerial experience
- 1 Year, full time
- October 2014, February 2015
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on:
+44 (0) 20 7823 2303 or email us at email@example.com
1. OTHM course fees include OTHM membership fees and exam fees.
2. Following study periods, Students are expected to take exams and to submit assessments. A failure to do so, without good cause will result in Tier 4 Students being in breach of the terms of their UKBA sponsorship with LSBF, as such disciplinary action shall be taken.