OTHM Level 5 - Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management With Work Placement (QCF)
The Tourism and Hospitality sector is the largest in the world’s economy. Supervisory roles within this sector are challenging and rewarding and the OTHM level 5 programme prepares individuals for supervisory management responsibility in order to build a sustainable and profitable career.
The OTHM Level 5 in Tourism and Hospitality Management opens-up a range of opportunities, across managerial disciplines, for aspiring and determined professionals. The programme is founded on the belief that those who want to rise and gain substantial experience in the industry requires approaches and skills that will give you a real edge in management and development.
The curriculum is embedded with diverse disciplinary topics, encompassing planning, human resource, marketing, operations and organisational management and customer relations. The course aims to develop the appropriate skills, tools and knowledge to operate innovatively in the global tourism and hospitality environments.
This programme is offered in partnership with LCCA.
- Managing Marketing Planning in Tourism and Hospitality
- Managing Operations in Tourism and Hospitality
- Managing Marketing Objectives in Tourism and Hospitality
- Managing Financial Accounts in Tourism and Hospitality
- Managing Human Resources in Tourism and Hospitality Organisation
- Managing Customer Relations in Tourism and Hospitality
These modules will prepare you to enter the next stage of the programme, participating in a work placement. Details of this work placement will be provided during the second semester of the course.
This highly vocational course aims to develop the indispensable business skills you will need when going on to positions within major tourism companies, tourism development bodies and local authorities. There are also opportunities in regional and national government in the UK and overseas. Alternatively, we offer a guaranteed progression route onto Level 6 Dip in Tourism and Hospitality Management, subject to successful completion of the course and support from your programme leader.
The Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) is one of the fastest-growing British Professional Bodies to supply qualified and part-qualified personnel to the Industry. The Organisation supports the Tourism and Hospitality industry through training and educational programmes and a supply of experienced, focused and high quality employees.
- All students must be a minimum of 18 years old on the commencement date of their course and demonstrate competence in English at the necessary level, IELTS 5.5 or above in each component or equivalent
- The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (QCF) or other relevant UK Level 4 qualification or equivalent as recognised by UK NARIC
- ‘A’ Level standard of education
- Mature students (over 21) with relevant work experience (ideally with team leadership or managerial experience)
- 1 Year, full time
- October 2014, February 2015
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on:
+44 (0) 20 7823 2303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. OTHM course fees include OTHM membership fees and exam fees.
2. Following study periods, Students are expected to take exams and to submit assessments. A failure to do so, without good cause will result in Tier 4 Students being in breach of the terms of their UKBA sponsorship with LSBF, as such disciplinary action shall be taken.