OTHM Level 4 - Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management With Work Placement (QCF)
Tourism is a growth area and there are many exciting opportunities in managing and developing tourism and hospitality businesses. The cultural dynamic of this industry makes the study of tourism and hospitality, both exciting and important, beyond treating it as a business function.
OTHM qualifications give you the knowledge that you will need to build a career in Tourism and Hospitality, in related sectors such as food and beverage, hotels, tour operations, airlines or in any other part of the Industry.
The OTHM Level 4 in Tourism and Hospitality Management opens-up a range of opportunities to gain operational training in preparation for team leadership. The curriculum is embedded with diverse disciplinary topics, encompassing aesthetics, finance, business environment, events management and customer care. It aims to provide industry knowledge and practical working experience which will contribute to the project assessment.
This programme is offered in partnership with LCCA.
- Understanding the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Understanding Communication and Customer Care in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Understanding Accounting and Finance in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Understanding the Tourism and Hospitality Business
- Understanding Events Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Academic and employability skills
These modules will prepare you to enter the next stage of the programme, participating in a work placement. Details of this work placement will be provided during the second semester of the course.
This highly vocational course aims to develop the indispensable business skills you will need when going on to positions within major tourism companies, tourism development bodies and local authorities. There are also opportunities in regional and national government in the UK and overseas. Alternatively we offer a guaranteed progression route onto Level 5 Dip in Tourism and Hospitality Management, subject to successful completion of the course and support from your programme leader.
The Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management (OTHM) is one of the fastest-growing British Professional Bodies to supply qualified and part-qualified personnel to the Industry. The Organisation supports the Tourism and Hospitality industry through training and educational programmes and a supply of experienced, focused and high quality future employees.
- All students must be a minimum of 18 years old on the commencement date of their course and demonstrate competence in English at the necessary level, IELTS 5.5 or above in each component or equivalent. Students with 5.0 may also be accepted and a short English course will be provided throughout the year to meet the necessary requirements.
- The OTHM Level 3 Award in Tourism and Hospitality Management (QCF) or other relevant UK Level qualification or overseas equivalent(s) as recognised by UK-NARIC
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) and 1 X ‘A’ Level (Grade A-C)
- Mature Student (over 21) with relevant work experience
- 1 Year, full time
- June 2013 / September 2013
To apply for this programme or for further information call us on:
+44 (0) 20 7823 2303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. OTHM course fees include OTHM membership fees and exam fees.
2. Following study periods, Students are expected to take exams and to submit assessments. A failure to do so, without good cause will result in Tier 4 Students being in breach of the terms of their UKBA sponsorship with LSBF, as such disciplinary action shall be taken.