CFA® Full-Time Programme
Choose a full-time CFA® course that matches your commitment to CFA® success. This financial qualification is recognised throughout the investment sector, and is your key to a lucrative career in finance, so we give you the tools required for CFA® exam success.
Studying CFA® full-time programme with us gives you more class time with our industry experienced tutors, plus more support and more resources. Our InterActive online platform, for instance, allows you to study when and where you like – which is particularly useful should you need to re-sit a CFA® exam.
Our programmes give you the practical skills that top employers want, helping you to achieve your career goals – sooner.
By joining our full-time programme you will enjoy:
Our tutors are CFA® charter-holders and highly experienced within their respective fields. They are passionate about teaching and committed to helping you achieve the best possible exam results and career.
Find out more about our expert tutors – contact us.
Your course will be designed to satisfy your unique needs – and those of the employers you are aiming to attract. We will take into account your existing experience and qualifications, granting exemptions from CFA® modules (when appropriate) to accelerate your professional development.
Please contact us to see how we can meet your requirements.
You can access all the most vital CFA® syllabus topics online as HD recorded video lectures. Through our innovative platform, powered by InterActive, you can review course material as many times as you like.
Please contact us to find out more about learning online with LSBF.
LSBF gives your revision and CFA® exam preparation a boost with regular progress tests and mock exams. These ensure you maintain a high level of performance throughout the course and experience real exam conditions.
Contact us for additional information about exam preparation with LSBF.
CFA® full-time courses are based at our Central London campus which offers the latest in education technology. Benefit from high-tech facilities, capped class sizes and unrivalled academic support.
Contact us for further information regarding our facilities.
Our full-time CFA® courses run from February (for June exams) or September (for the December Level 1 exam). We teach in volumes, allowing you to study specific topics over 2 or 3 days, or the course as a whole (which lasts for nearly 8 weeks). You can also take individual revision days, or choose the whole 5 days of comprehensive revision classes.
All our classes are taught by experienced CFA® charter-holders and are combined with targeted study materials, to help students excel.
Intakes are as follows:
Level I – February 2014 & August 2014
We run two foundation programmes for delegates who are new to the field of finance: Introduction to Financial Maths and Introduction to Financial Markets.
These courses fulfil two purposes:
- Firstly, they allow you to appreciate the quantity and depth of studying required for CFA® qualification – before you fully commit to it
- Secondly, they will give you a solid foundation in finance-related topics, so you can better understand the theoretical concepts covered by CFA Program
Whether you choose to take one or both programmes, you will get an excellent introduction to the key topics at the heart of the CFA curriculum.
Introduction to Financial Maths:
- Financial notation
- The hierarchy of mathematical processes
- Compounding and discounting single sums
- Understanding Annuities
- Descriptive statistics – central tendency and dispersion
- Arithmetic and geometric averaging
- Risk – standard deviation and risk
- Properties and applications of the normal distribution
- Probability theory
- Univariate and bivariate linear regression
Introduction to Financial Markets
- Market participants – main buy-side and sell-side participants
- Asset classes – risk and return profiles
- Money market instruments
- Fixed Income Securities
- Equity securities
- Foreign Exchange
- Futures and Forwards
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio management
Want to speak to a programme advisor?
Our programme advisors offer one-to-one advice at our open days and on weekdays from 9am until 6pm. We are happy to meet you during these times at our campus in Holborn. Alternatively, you can call us on 0207 823 2303, or send us your details using the form on the right.
Minimum entry requirements
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree, or
- Final year of your Bachelor's degree programme, or
- Four years of qualified, professional work experience, or
- Combination of work and college experience that totals at least four years*
- Be prepared to take the exams in English
- Valid international passport
*Summer, part-time, and internship positions do not qualify as work experience.
- February 2014
- August 2014
- Full-time: 3 months
- Part-time: 3 months
- Online: Available 9 months prior to the exam
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or guarantee the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by LSBF. CFA Institute, CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.