Short courses in management
|Qualification:||Professional Development Programme|
|Intake Dates*:||throughout the year|
|Timetables:||click here for timetables|
|Tuition Fees:||From £1,450
click here for Individual Prices
|For Frequently Asked Questions||click here|
In today's fast-paced business world, it pays to be up-to-date with the latest management techniques – and to be confident in your ability to apply them effectively. That's why we have developed a variety of short courses, designed to match fresh perspectives with established practical skills.
Choose your course
Most leaders know they must innovate to stay competitive. However, most companies focus on cost cutting or process reinvention, and do not know how to create value by driving innovation.
When studying this interactive programme you will experience the full innovation process including ideation to prototyping, and learn how to lead innovation with a highly practical framework. You will evaluate your organisation’s innovation progress regarding strategy, culture and ideas by using a framework of innovation essentials.
Ultimately, the innovation course will give you the opportunity to experiment with ideas and translate them into actions.
- Define how innovation can drive growth in your organisation
- Distinguish between different types of innovation and their impact on business growth
- Participate in a live innovation boot camp and learn to use an innovation framework
- Learn how to lead innovation and support employees in contributing to innovation initiatives
- Acquire the knowledge necessary to assess the current state of innovation progress and put innovation initiatives into practice
- Compile an action plan using the innovation framework
This programme focuses on practical application of management consulting and project management tools to resolve issues, generate value, maximise growth and improve business performance for your internal customers or external clients.
You will learn how to understand clients’ situations, conduct analysis and prepare business proposals for recommended solutions. Through practical experience, you will develop your confidence in presenting solutions to senior management teams and board members. From there, you will learn how to turn approved proposals into practical projects. You will be able to manage the timescales, costs and resources needed and ensure that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Understand how internal and external consultants add value to organisations, and identify their key focus areas for value delivery
- Discover how to use best practice tools and techniques to help you identify processes that are inefficient or ineffective, and build your confidence in making well-substantiated recommendations
- Explore how to use popular structured problem solving methods for root cause analysis and solution presentation
- Develop your ability to confidently manage a full life cycle project, from initiation through to closure and benefits realisation
- Build upon your interpersonal and leadership skills
- Leave the programme with a practical set of tools and templates you can apply within the work place immediately
This short course covers the end-to-end strategic business planning lifecycle, providing an excellent overview of how to produce a strategic business plan. You will learn how to formulate a vision/mission, undertake strategic analysis (internal and external logic), set objectives and KPIs, make strategic decisions, and develop strategic themes for implementation.
You will learn how to join together the individual components of analysis, formulating and planning strategy, so that you will have a ‘joined up view’ of how the strategic process should work, underpinned by a very large selection of tools, techniques and frameworks that will assist you to tailor a plan to fit your organizational needs.
By attending this course you will be able to:
- Recognise what strategic management is and how to make decisions in a strategic context
- Use the strategic management lifecycle from start to finish, improving your effectiveness as a business leader
- Describe a typical strategic business plan, and its layout and contents
- Choose appropriate frameworks for analysing the external environment and internal capability to produce sharper insights
- Recognise cognitive bias and how to mitigate its impact on your decisions
- Recognise the impact of strategy change on your organisation and gain stakeholder engagement and support
- Identify the key activities required to successfully execute strategic business plans
This course provides an in-depth understanding of how companies can gain a competitive edge in terms of identifying and developing the right strategy, and fostering the right environment through leadership, which is vital for any business both at a strategic and operational level.
You will learn various techniques that will enable you to develop strategies, lead effectively, and sustain high-performance teams, while fostering an innovative working environment and gaining a competitive advantage.
By attending this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the scope of strategic leadership
- Learn from case studies and practical team challenges, and apply what you have learnt to real management situations
- Build your confidence and competence in working with complex stakeholder relationships to influence outcomes and achieve results
- Develop and enhance your personal strategic leadership approach to become a confident leader
Advances in technology and the effects of globalisation have meant that supply chain managers must have skills in logistics, operations, manufacturing and quality assurance. This course provides an overview of the concept of supply chain from a perspective heavily focused on case studies. The practical skills you will develop will likely be transferrable for use in your current company.
You will learn:
- Demand forecasting and inventory management
- Distribution and logistics management
- Strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Knowledge and risk management in SCM
- Value chain and customer relationship management
- Ethics, social responsibility and sustainability
This four-day miniMBA programme helps you gain the confidence, competence and skills you need to succeed in a managerial position. The programme will incorporate learning methods such as lectures, presentations, practical team workshops, and case studies. You will have the opportunity to develop your strategy and leadership skills, while studying in the heart of London.
You will learn how to:
- Manage yourself
- Manage individuals successfully
- Prepare budgets
- Manage change
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.
miniMBA has different entry requirements:
- Work experience - Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Academic qualifications - Undergraduate degree. Equivalent, relevant work experience also accepted.
- English language - Confident business English (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Our short courses are planned to run throughout 2017. However, it is subject to student demand. Our Executive Education portfolio is only available for LSBF Executive Education continuing students and EU/UK residents. For more information, speak to one of our advisors on: +44 (0) 20 7823 2303.