Management Development Pogramme
|Qualification:||Professional Development Programme|
|Duration:||4-weeks, 4 days a week|
|Timetable:||Click here for timetables|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
The Management Development Programme (MDP) is a fast-paced and intensive programme dedicated to the latest techniques and trends in the core areas of management and finance.
It has been developed taking into consideration the new challenges of the corporate world, alongside the continuous evolution of the media and the rapidly increasing pace of business.
Below you will find a list of modules (short courses) which will comprise your full 4 week MDP programme.
|Marketing Planning and Strategy
|Effective Management Techniques
|International Business and New Ventures
Strategy provides the backbone of an organisation, giving direction and outlining its plan for success in a competitive market. This module examines how to form effective business strategies, and the issues surrounding their implementation. Upon completion participants will be able to create high–quality strategies using the latest business insights and the freshest perspectives.
• Recognise the importance of strategic processes within organisations
• Acquire the capability and skills to create and implement effective strategy
• Learn from case studies on some of the leading corporate organisations with award winning strategies
• Develop your ability to perform analyses across a range of organisations, industries and problem areas
• Gain the skills to devise and implement a corporate-level strategy within an organisation
Marketing Planning and Strategy
This module provides an introduction to the purpose, processes and methodologies of marketing management at strategic and operational levels. It explores campaign planning,
as well as the strategic, operational and tactical issues that affect its ongoing success. Participants will also learn how to put traditional and digital marketing techniques into practice.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the overall function of marketing within a business
• Develop a solid overview of the considerations to be taken into account when developing a marketing plan
• Increase your ability to see the longer-term impact of campaigns on the business as a whole
Effective Management Techniques
This module is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to understand strategic planning and current thinking on leadership. It covers a number of aspects of management and leadership that will help participants gain a competitive advantage as a future manager or leader.
• Strong focus on the aspects of people management and the relationship between staff and leaders
• Forward-thinking approach to equipping students with key management and leadership skills
• Includes technology management
• Case studies and group exercises included in teaching methods
International Business and New Ventures
This module explores the opportunities and risks that exist in launching a business abroad. Participants will learn about new markets, new business models, regional taxation, legislation
and cross-cultural barriers. Working through case studies will ensure the necessary understanding of the practical issues involved in entering foreign markets, as well as the complexities and challenges of global expansion.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the impacts of globalisation and its effects on trading
• Develop the skills needed to draw up a strategy for expanding business ventures overseas
• Improve your knowledge of how to effectively work with different cultures in a global business environment
• Increase your confidence in trading on an international stage and understanding of international negotiation
•Undergraduate degree or equivalent in any field; or relevant professional qualification
•Minimum 3 years work experience
•English levels 5.5 IELTS (5.5 in all bands) or equivalent
•Students who fail to meet academic requirements can be assessed on their relevant work experience (5 years professional work experience minimum for mature study route)