Management Development Programme
|Qualification:||Professional Development Programme|
|Duration:||Two weeks, full time|
|Intake Dates:||March, July, October|
|Tuition Fees:||£2,500 (full programme)|
|Timetable:||Click here for timetables|
|For Frequently Asked Questions||Click here|
The Management Development Programme (MDP) is a fast-paced and intensive programme dedicated to the latest techniques and trends in the core areas of management and finance.
It has been developed taking into consideration the new challenges of the corporate world, alongside the continuous evolution of the media and the rapidly increasing pace of business.
This programme will keep current managers up to date with all the recent trends, helping them to stay ahead of the curve and progress in their roles.
Below you will find a list of modules (short courses) which will comprise your full two week MDP programme.
|Marketing Planning and Strategy
|Effective Management Techniques
Strategy provides the backbone of an organisation, giving direction and outlining its plan for success in a competitive market. This module examines how to form effective business strategies, and the issues surrounding their implementation. Upon completion participants will be able to create high–quality strategies using the latest business insights and the freshest perspectives.
- Recognise the importance of strategic processes within organisations
- Acquire the capability and skills to create and implement effective strategy
- Learn from case studies on some of the leading corporate organisations with award winning strategies
- Develop your ability to perform analyses across a range of organisations, industries and problem areas
- Gain the skills to devise and implement a corporate-level strategy within an organisation
Marketing Planning and Strategy
This module provides an introduction to the purpose, processes and methodologies of marketing management at strategic and operational levels. It explores campaign planning,
as well as the strategic, operational and tactical issues that affect its ongoing success. Participants will also learn how to put traditional and digital marketing techniques into practice.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the overall function of marketing within a business
- Develop a solid overview of the considerations to be taken into account when developing a marketing plan
- Increase your ability to see the longer-term impact of campaigns on the business as a whole
Effective Management Techniques
This module is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and competencies to understand strategic planning and current thinking on leadership. It covers a number of aspects of management and leadership that will help participants gain a competitive advantage as a future manager or leader.
- Strong focus on the aspects of people management and the relationship between staff and leaders
- Forward-thinking approach to equipping students with key management and leadership skills
- Includes technology management
- Case studies and group exercises included in teaching methods
Learn about the key tools and techniques used to measure performance and make financial management decisions in an organisation, as well as financial reporting. Gain the skills and competencies required to optimise cost structure and manage the cash flow position. This course will also give you an introduction to the issues of short-term financing and working capital management.
- Summarise key principles, trends and tools in accounting and managerial finance
- Identify effective approaches to the analysis of corporate finance
- Discuss the practical application of models and theories to decisions on corporate financing
- Compare the economic benefits of various types of financing
- Education - Undergraduate degree or equivalent Higher Education qualification, or relevant work experience
- English language - Common European Framework (CEF) Level B2* or equivalent (all teaching and learning materials are provided in English only)
*Please note those with a B1 level of English and relevant proof of further study will be considered.